Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

The Ultimate Book Tag

I've seen a few different book tags, so this will definitely not be the only book tag I'll do on my blog.  I think tags are fun (from what I've seen) and I think it's cool to see the different answers people will give.  So here's my first tag - the Ultimate Book Tag!

The Ultimate Book Tag

 

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope.  I can read in the car with no problems.

2. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter hand down. My points are:
1. AWESOME PLOT!
2. Magic
3. Dragons trump vampires and werewolves any day.

3. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Not specifically for books.   I just use my backpack.

4. Do you smell your books?
Maybe...

5. Books with or without little illustrations?
Doesn't matter to me, I like both.

6. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
I haven't come across that situation yet since I'm a new bookworm, but I'm sure it'll happen sometime.

7. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Nope, only because I wasn't much of a reader as a child.

8. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
5 Love Languages for Teens by Gary Chapman

9. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling

10. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Other than this blog... no.  At least, not yet.

11. When did you get into reading?
Within the past year or two.  My best friend JP loaned me a book of his that he thought I'd like and it just hit me... I loved the book and suddenly wanted to read more.

12. What is your favorite classic book?
The Great Gatsby.

13. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
I never got good grades in English until last year.  Even then, math and art are still my best two subjects.

14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I say thank you and then pass it on to someone else who would enjoy it.

15. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I'm not sure if it's lesser known, but I like The Testing series.

16. What is your favorite word?
Groovy (since no one uses it anymore)

17. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Dork (see above)

18. Vampires or Fairies
Vampires.

19. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark - it's more sturdy.

20. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I guess forbidden love is usually more intriguing... but I haven't read a lot of romance books.

21. One book at a time or several books at once?
One at a time man!

22. Can you stop reading at any part of the book or does it have to be the end of the chapter?
Anywhere, but it's easier if there's a page break.

23. Do you write in a book?
No.

24. Can you read while listening to music/watching tv?
No. I need complete silence (unless I'm also listening to the audio book)

25. Do you read out loud or silently in your head?
A mixture of both... depends on the book and where I am.

BONUS QUESTION: Physical book, e-book or audio book?
I like e-books and audio books.  E-books I can take anywhere and have a number of books to choose from.  I like audio books when I'm also reading the e-book or when I'm out on a walk or something.


So that's all the questions for the book tag!  If anyone feels like doing this tag just leave a comment with your link because I'd like to read your answers!  


No comments:

Post a Comment