Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Review: Binge


Binge Binge by Tyler Oakley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm not a huge Tyler Oakley fan. I'm more of a casual one who will watch a few videos every few weeks. That said, I do find Tyler to be funny in a majority of his videos, so I was definitely expecting the same of his book.

I was not entirely disappointed.

He is definitely engaging in this book and is able to pull you right into his life story. He opens up and tells us things we never knew about him, like his real name. But he gets real personal in this book and we're taken on a journey of his life and the places he's been to get where he is today.

His writing style reminds me of his videos. The way he talks though the book makes it feel like I'm watching a video of his while I'm reading. Honestly, this book would've made a good video for him... though it would've been long. It's different than most authors, so if you're a stickler to "good" writing, you might want to stay away. But if you're looking for that personal touch in writing, then definitely pick up this book.

I personally really enjoyed the book and give it 4 stars. It's definitely a book you'll want to read if you're a Tyler Oakley fan - whether it's a super-fan or a casual fan like myself.








<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14819599/?claim=7kysy669nmg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment